The author's mother gave her this advice on her wedding day and I wish someone told me these things on ours but it's so timely and God sent at this moment that I had to share it.
Plan, Pray, and Play Together!
Every couple should share their 5 year plan and update that plan together. Of course, life happens and some plans get changed, canceled, or postponed but we should always see it together, understand it together, and work to getting to our individual and joint goals together, and be sensitive to each other when things don't work out as planned. This is my best friend, he should be included in my plans-as far fetched as they may be sometimes, but in excluding your spouse you put yourself in a position to feel "all alone" in the relationship. Your fault, not his! ::eye opener for me::
- Lesson #1: You are a TEAM! Plan together and see it through TOGETHER.
- Lesson#2: A man's pride is way more vulnerable than any woman's emotion.
- Lesson#3: There are 3 people in a marriage: The Husband, The Wife, and God. No moves should be made unless the 3 speak first!
- Lesson#4: Pray, Pray, Pray without ceasing!
- Lesson #5: Remember who you were before you got married and let those people hang out.
- Lesson #6: Thank You's go a LONG way. Just acknowledging the little things make a world of difference.